forumNew topic

What is ISO 27001 certificate, required for government tender, cost

GGürkan U***Member
Job title
Technical service technician
Sector
Retail
Organization type
medium-sized business
Joined
Jan 2023
Message
2
#1

Tender requirement: ISO 27001. Consultant 50k + 10k/year.

Can I do it myself?

How many months does it take?

AAv. Kemal U***Expert
Job title
Lawyer · IT
Organization type
300-person organization
Joined
Sep 2023
Message
168
Most Helpful#2

Accredited auditor is mandatory. Consultant 30-100k, audit 20-50k, yearly 5-15k.

SSevimNew member
Job title
Florist
Joined
Nov 2024
Message
26
#3

Let me share what happened to me; it might be useful. The answer varies greatly by industry; there is no one-size-fits-all rule.

Of course, it varies if your situation is different.

DDoki ekibiDoki team
Job title
Official account
Sector
Cybersecurity and digital
Organization type
Doki
Joined
Mar 2023
Message
310
#4

I've been dealing with this for a long time. Start with a small trial; don't commit to everything at once.

Hope this helps.

EErcan B***Member
Job title
Graphic Designer
Sector
Security services
Organization type
boutique agency
Joined
Mar 2026
Message
46
#5

you're right.

UUğur Ö***Member
Job title
Warehouse Manager
Sector
Education
Organization type
family business
Joined
Jan 2023
Message
1
#6

Thanks a lot, I'll try it today. The answer varies greatly by industry; there is no one-size-fits-all rule.

Taking notes for two weeks yields better results than a six-month estimate. If I were you, I'd go this route.

SSelin U***MemberCommunity member
Joined
Mar 2026
Message
2
#7

Thanks for posting. When making a decision, first look at what data you have on hand.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

MMustafa K***ExpertCommunity member
Joined
Jan 2025
Message
3
#8

I'm curious too.

GGürkan Y***Member
Job title
Human Resources Specialist
Sector
Chemistry
Organization type
regional distributor
Joined
May 2023
Message
234
#9

Absolutely. I mean if I were to add anything: When we decide without measuring, we always end up in the same place.

Everyone rushing into iso 27001 certificate gets stuck at the same point. If I were you I'd go this route.

SSerkan S***MemberCommunity member
Joined
Jan 2023
Message
87
#10

Generally correct, but one part is missing... If the notification path is long, notifications don't arrive; missing notifications mean delayed incident detection.

Trying to do this alone is the most expensive way. This is my opinion Im not claiming its absolute truth.

MMetin Z***MemberCommunity member
Joined
Nov 2024
Message
249
#11

Noted, thanks.

OOya B***MemberCommunity member
Joined
May 2023
Message
43
#12

I went through the same thing two years ago. Having backups accessible on the same network and with the same identity makes them part of the target.

If you post the result here, it will help others too.

AAyşe A***New member
Job title
IT manager
Sector
Agriculture
Organization type
regional distributor
Joined
Jul 2026
Message
40

Doki · Incident response support · 2025

#13

There's also a measurement aspect to this. If you scold false alarms, nobody will report again.

If I were you I'd go this route.

MMerve E***MemberCommunity member
Joined
Aug 2024
Message
44
#14

Absolutely. If I were to add anything: If you scold false alarms, nobody will report again.

This is my opinion, I'm not claiming it's absolute truth.

GGamze U***Member
Job title
Technical service technician
Sector
Furniture manufacturing
Organization type
family business
Joined
May 2024
Message
255
#15

I didn't know that. Taking measures without an inventory leaves doors you haven't seen open.

Hope this helps.

FFurkan Y***MemberCommunity member
Joined
Feb 2023
Message
53
#16

There's a trap here, let me mention it. When you try to change everything at once, nothing settles.

LLemanNew member
Job title
Healthcare worker
Joined
Oct 2024
Message
30

Doki · Incident response support · 2024

#17

theres also a measurement aspect to this... the answer varies greatly by industry; there is no one-size-fits-all rule.

if I were you I'd go this route.

EEsra D***MemberCommunity member
Joined
Sep 2024
Message
102
#18

Good call starting this thread.

AAhmet N***Expert
Job title
Store associate
Sector
Construction
Organization type
a company within a holding
Joined
Jul 2022
Message
153
#19

It's rare to find an explanation this clear.

TTülay Y***Member
Job title
Production planning
Sector
Automotive aftermarket
Organization type
early-stage startup
Joined
Jan 2025
Message
384
#20

Correct.

Reply